Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chest-Reps Jan/21/2013 + a little attitude lesson

At work ATM.

   Yesterday was an awesome chest workout. I hydrated all day, and felt good up until around 7. Then I ate dinner (pasta). After that I hammered back around a litre of water. When I got to the gym My stomach was crazy full. I thought it was going to be a tough workout because of this, but after my first set of incline, which I got easy, my attitude changed. Its amazing how one minute you can think a workout is going to be crap, then the next you have a great set and everything changes. Attitude is everything.

   The one person who always told me about attitude and how important it is was my Dad. At a young age, I never really listened to him. I just brushed it off and thought that it was nothing important. When I started going to the gym about 3 years ago, I remember going into the gym and being so excited to try something new. A few workouts in I had some trouble on squatting and wanted to give up. I felt like I would never get good at it. I was squatting a plate for a while and It sucked. I thought back to what my dad said about attitude and said "Alright dad, I'll listen to you this time, well see if this attitude thing will help." Ever since then, I've gone into the gym like an animal, knowing I was going to kick ass. I've had injuries, bad workout days, missed weights, but, I've always kept a good attitude. Attitude is everything. You need to stay positive. YOU WILL GET STRONGER. Know on everything you do, no matter how long it takes, you will get there. Thanks Dad, I wish I would have realized sooner.


 Now to the workout, which was GREAT.

Incline Bench Press 1 Set, 8 Reps, 70%, 240 lbs

This set felt amazing. I got 8 pretty easy. I think I could have gotten 10. Big confidence booster for the workout.

Incline Dumbbell Press 2 Sets, 20 Reps, 60 lbs DB

These were really hard. I got 22 on my first set, but then dipped to 13 after that. My break in between wasn't huge, but at the end my shoulders and upper pecs were pumped and burning.

Close Grip Bench Press 3 Sets, 12 Reps, 225lbs

I haven't done these in a very long time. I got 12 on my first set and felt very strong. I dipped off to 8 and 5 on the 2nd and 3rd set. These were great and really pumped my tris up.

Band Fly's 3 Sets, 15 Reps, AVG BANDS

These were amazing. I've never done these before and had epically failed at setting them up last week. They really give you a great squeeze in the inner pec. Amazing pump.

I finished off the workout with some Band Pressdowns and Military Press in the 12 rep range. I don't concern myself with weight on the military press, but more with form.


Overall a great workout. Very happy. Explosion deads this week which will be nice since I'm still tight in the hamstrings. Anyways I'm going back to work now.


Train hard, train smart

Horse From Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment