Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chest Heavy Jan 28, 2013

Haven't blogged in a couple days...

  Man its been busy at work. Put in 59 hours last week. Its worth it but still tough to keep up with everything. I've realized that this blog and video thing is a whole other job on its own. The respect for people making videos online has risen tremendously. I can't imagine the time and energy these people have put in on a daily basis to make these videos popular. I should have my first video up soon.

   After my first 3 week wave, I'm feeling pretty confident. I enjoyed the workouts and I think that this slower progression is going to help alot. I can see how its going to get tougher but I'm ready. Body is feeling pretty good, just my hip is a little soar, but I think that's in part from bad posture at work and sitting all day. Going to get a foam roller tonight. Have heard great things about them helping with soar muscles and injuries. Can't wait to try it out.

This workout was very hard for me. The floor presses felt so heavy. I seem to struggle with them because I have no leg drive or lat and shoulder involvement. Just something to improve on.

Floor Press 3 Sets, 2 Reps, 295 lbs

Like I said, these were crazy hard. I felt all the pressure going to my head. Maybe its because my training partner was not there. Its nice having someone there to help you and cheer you on. Regardless, I got all my sets and reps. I'll be switcing to regular bench press next week.

Regular Bench Press 2 Sets, 15 Reps, 225lbs

I think shawarma on workout days is a BAD idea. I blame today on a shawarma plate. Never again. These went pretty well. I got 15 with probably enough to get 20 left after that first set. Second Set I dipped off to 10.

Lat Pulldowns 3 Sets, 12 Reps, 190 lbs

I got an awesome stretch out of these. Really felt like I worked them well. Really felt the lat stretch. Enjoyed these sets.

Band Pressdowns 4 Sets, 25 Reps #2 Bands

These tax the triceps like crazy. Good 4 sets. I always hold at the bottom to get an extra stretch. These are great for getting blood to the elbows.

Dumbbell Shrugs 3 Sets, 15 Reps 120 lbs

I used straps on these sets so I could really isolate the traps. I'm not concerned with my grip on these days. I want to work the muscles in which I need to bench. Yes grip is important but I would rather have my traps fail before my grip.

Military Press 3 Sets 12 Reps 135 lbs (Standing)

I need to start concentrating more on getting the set amount of reps on these. I got 10 on my first set. I'll admit I didn't want to drop the weight. Obviously that's a stupid thing to do. Never let your ego override common sense. I did on these sets. Next time its 12 or drop the weight.


Good workout overall. The floor presses were very hard. I need to work at those. Also need to get my ego in check before I do Military press from now on.

Until next time.


Train hard, train smart,


Horse From Hell


No comments:

Post a Comment