Friday, January 25, 2013

Deadlift - Explosion Jan 23, 2013

I'll start off by saying I started video taping myself at the gym. I got some speed deads, snatch grips, and some lat pulldowns. I'm a noob at this editing stuff so I think its going to take some time before I actually make good videos. You really don't realize how fat you are or what you really look like until your on film. It was actually a big wake up call. I LOOKED HUGE (FAT). I knew I needed to lose weight but holy crap this was surprising. Oh well I'll eventually put the fork down.

Another factor that plays into this whole YouTube/blog thing is the amount of time it takes. I spent 4 hours last night editing the video, making it look as nice as I could, and even making an into with a horse, some lightning, and a nice neighhhh in the background. My computer at home in very slow. I clicked a few too many times and it froze up. At that moment I realized I hadn't save it. WOW WAS I PISSED. Lesson learned... SAVE YOUR STUFF ALOT.

Anyways so I learned how fat I was and how hard it was to edit videos. I'm enjoying it so far and will finish the video this weekend.

As for my workout...

It was a good workout overall. I have 0 cardio so It got tough with the high reps. I almost puked at the end and my back and ass are very soar today.

Here's how it went;

Deadlifts from Floor 8 Sets 3 Reps 350 lbs

  I felt better as I went along. It was easy weight and by the 8th set I felt like I had improved my form slightly. After watching the video I realized that I had pretty good form, I grabbed my nuts alot, and my ass constantly eats my boxers and shorts.

Snatch Grip Deadlifts 3 Sets 12 Reps 290 lbs

I enjoy these. They are challenging and they really work your ass and hams. The squeeze at the top becomes hard on the 3rd set and again my cardio is crap so they become more difficult with high reps.

Squats 3 Sets 8 Reps 225lbs

By the time these came around I was realizing that this was going to be tough. I hadn't hydrated that well and new that I was going to start feeling it. I kept it light and went for more form than anything. I was very tired by the third set.

I finished off the workout with a circuit of Dumbbell Shrugs and Close Grip Lat Pulldowns for high reps (12-15).


I'm going to work hard on this video and hopefully get it out tomorrow. I just realized that my work computer won't let me install anything, so I'm going to have to use the slow one at home. I'll just have to be patient.

Anyways I'm out.

Train hard, train smart.


Horse from Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment